Hi I'm Dani Bowman,

I was born in Sherman Oaks California, which is a city next to Burbank, the capital of the animation industry. So I always say I was born to be an animator, this is my animated life. I currently live in La Cañada Flintridge.

I founded my company, DaniMation Entertainment, at age 11.  I have worked professionally in the animation industry since 14. I have premiered 6 award-wining animated short films at San Diego Comic-Con each year for the past 5 years.  My shorts feature the voices of Joe Mantegna, Tom Kenny (Sponge Bob), June Foray, and Stella Ritter in addition to other voice actors on the autism spectrum.   Knowing the special talents of people with autism, I employ others on the spectrum at DaniMation Entertainment as musicians, artists, and voice actors.  I utilize my six passions of Autism Advocacy, Public Speaking, Animation, Illustration, Fine and Visual Arts, and Teaching Animation to show young adults on the spectrum and with other disabilities that anything is possible and inspire them to leverage their unique ability.

Since age 15, I led summer animation camps around the country, initially with Joey Travolta's Inclusion Films, and then expanding out on my own to teach to over 700 teens and young adults.  Not only I teach animation, but I also work with my students as a role model and mentor, encouraging them to follow their dreams.  My contributions to the autism community have been widely acknowledged from receiving the Temple Grandin Award from Future Horizons in 2012 to being the first American with Autism honored at Anna Kennedy's "Wear It for Autism" event in London in October 2014.

Additionally, I enjoy speaking about autism, the need for self-sufficiency and employment for those with disabilities.  Among other speaking engagements, I was the keynote speaker at the Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence Conference (OCALICON) 2014, the Oklahoma State Autism Conference (OSACON) in 2015, the Alaska Autism Resource Center Roadshow in 2016 and 2017, and the Autism and the Arts Conference at Daemen College in Armhest NY in 2017.

I first heard of Woodbury when my uncle discovered it on the web while he was looking for summer classes for me when I was in 10th grade. My uncle found an open studio class, and this is when I first met Dori, the chair of animation at Woodbury. The open studio classes I took are the “Animation Principals” in the 10th grade, and “Storyboard” in the 11th grade. Woodbury is my number one choice; because it's small and it has the best animation teachers.

My goal at Woodbury is to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Animation and a minor in Business, and to transfer to UCLA to aim for an MFA in animation, and my future goal is to have my own animation studio like Disney or Warner Bros, but will include employees with special needs including autism, and will be made environmentally sustainable with recycled materials and 100% renewable energy.